Hi Everyone! Wishing you a fabulous Easter weekend. Perhaps an egg hunt is in your future… Or maybe you’re hunting for ’80s-style treasures! Either way, check out what we’re up to over the next few days and see if any of these fun finds interest you!
Much of this weekend will be spent with family. In addition to two different Easter gatherings that are planned, here’s what else is in store in the “happy hunting” department…
1. A hunt for artwork. I’m needing to finish up some poster framing that I didn’t quite get to last weekend. If you’re hunting for prints, check out this amazing new work from one of our favorite artists, Vasare Nar. We’re crazy about her latest print, FlamingoLand (shown at the top left of the montage above, and available through Nar’s Society6 shop). For more info. about Vasare Nar, click here.
2. A hunt for New Retro collectibles. Wondering where to buy great ’80s decor, like the mauve triangular vase shown above? Aside from thrifty shops like Goodwill, many antique festivals are great places for hunting down decor from the not-too-distant past (don’t let the word “antique” fool you). If you’re anywhere near the vicinity of Texas in the next week, it may be worth your while to check out AntiqueWeekend, a festival that in reality lasts two full weeks! Held at a variety of locations in and near Round Top, Texas, this festival features thousands of dealers. My favorite branch of the action: Warrenton. It’s affordable and fun!
3. A hunt for the perfect junk food. Hey, it’s Easter weekend after all! Last weekend was devoted to brainstorming the colorful drinks for my latest Memphis-Milano-style Retro Foodie adventure. This weekend it’s all about the desserts! Which sweet treats best showcase candy-colored ’80s style? Could it be ice cream cones with sprinkles? I’ll keep you posted…
4. A hunt for a festive floral arrangement. While I’m searching for a great centerpiece for the above-mentioned Retro Foodie junk food extravaganza, perhaps you’re looking for something that says “spring.” I came across this website that showcases some amazing Ikebana (Japanese flower arranging) techniques. Love the pics, like the one shown at the bottom left of today’s montage!
5. A hunt for eggs. Yes, I believe there is an egg hunt in store for me this weekend. If you’re still on the hunt for a basket, check out our DIY tutorial on creating an ’80s-style Easter basket. Don’t forget to fill it with retro-style treats and plenty of metallic shred!
Have a radiant weekend!!!