Well all you ski bunnies–it seems the Holidays are upon us! Let’s rewind to 1984, when Wham! filmed this video for their Holiday hit, “Last Christmas.” Drama ensues when George Michael’s character embarks on a ski vacation, and among the trendy friends sharing his rental is the girl who dumped him last Christmas. And she’s now with Wham! bandmate Andrew Ridgeley’s character…
This video captures the romantically awkward ’80s ski vacation at its finest (ready to watch Hot Tub Time Machine, anyone?)!
Be on the lookout for:
- A longing-filled flashback scene inspired by a glittering brooch.
- The classic ’80s permed bob on the video’s female lead–we all knew someone who had this haircut (or we wanted it ourselves but couldn’t pull it off)!
- Great over-sized ’80s ski gear in hot colors, like neon red.
- Lots and lots of tinsel. And more tinsel.
- The temptation to ditch your Holiday plans and rent an Aspen vacation home with a group of unusually attractive couple friends.
May the start of your Holidays be filled with all of the glamour, escapism and denial that this video promises…
And Happy Friday!