Welcome to our 2014 Halloween roundup! Remember last October, when we revisited our favorite ’80s Halloween posts? This year’s collection of pics will hopefully serve as inspiration for your upcoming Halloween party. Not throwing a party this year? You can still enjoy these festive suggestions for making the most of the year’s scariest, most carefree holiday. Read on for all the details…
Party ideas correspond with the images above, listed clockwise from the top left:
1. Make a batch of milkshakes with candy and sprinkles! This post will show you how to whip up a dessert that you can eat AND drink.
2. Prepare pumpkin bread or a spice cake using a Bundt pan. Remember our fall snack break photo shoot from last October? The centerpiece was a retro-style spice cake coated in powdered sugar–yum!
3. Incorporate geometric napkins into your party decor. We love anything designed by Oh Joy! for Target. The geometric napkins above were featured in last month’s post on retro-modern pumpkin centerpieces.
4. Display your pumpkin on a marble tile. The pumpkin pictured above is actually sitting on a two-toned marble tile (created with the help of black contact paper). Read more about our marble tile DIY project here. Then get more pumpkin centerpiece ideas in this post.
5. Order some ’80s-style Halloween party supplies. Isn’t it funny how inexpensive party items such as shutter glasses and glow sticks will always seem ’80s?! And undeniably festive, of course.
6. Create a table runner by strategically arranging metallic shred. That’s exactly what we did for this retro Halloween buffet. Because you can’t go wrong with metallic shimmer! For other go-to ingredients that create instant ’80s style, click here.
7. Craft a backdrop using vintage fabric. We’re partial to fabric of the ’80s variety. This post is filled with designer fabrics in Halloween hues. Bargain bin fabrics work well too!
8. Balance out the junk food with a cheese platter that incorporates dark chocolate. The cheese plate above was created for our Halloween movie party featuring a screening of the 1985 horror fave Fright Night.
Don’t forget to check out our ’80s Halloween Pinterest board for many more rad ideas! MIRROR80 WISHES YOU A RETRO-FABULOUS HALLOWEEN!!!